Filter by topic and date
IETF Working Group leadership skills training opportunity
4 Oct 2023
If you have ever been curious about what the role of an IETF working group chair entails, consider joining online training about promoting contribution, resolving conflict, and building consensus beginning 12 October 2023.
Created in consultation with current working group chairs and members of the Internet Engineering Steering Group (IESG), and refined based on feedback from participants in previous editions over the past two years, any IETF participant is encouraged to enroll in these classes, whether they are:
- currently serving as a chair,
- considering serving as a chair, or
- curious about what the role of group chair entails.
Two sessions each of live training class will be offered over the three weeks:
- Promoting Contribution on 12 October at 1500 UTC and 2100 UTC,
- Resolving Conflict on 19 October at 1500 UTC and 2100 UTC, and
- Building Consensus on 26 October at 1500 UTC and 2100 UTC.
The courses are interactive and participatory, and the opportunity to meet and interact with other participants has been one of the most highly rated aspects of past editions.
Registration is open now until the day of each class. Registration in every class is not required—you may register for only the classes in which you wish to participate. However, please register for only one session of each class.