Filter by topic and date
IETF LLC Statement on Remote Meeting Participation
- Jason LivingoodIETF Administration LLC Board Chair
10 Mar 2023
A statement of principles regarding remote participation in IETF Meetings
The IETF LLC takes note of recent discussions in the Stay Home Meet Occasionally Online (SHMOO) working group and on the admin-discuss mailing list. We therefore wish to reiterate the following principles regarding remote participation in IETF meetings under which we currently operate:
- Anyone who wishes to participate in the IETF should be able to, and the more people participating, the better.
- It is important to be welcoming and supportive of all participants to the IETF, especially new participants.
- We should continue to provide a remote participation option for IETF meetings and continuously improve our remote participation tools.
- There should continue to be a documented and well communicated process for participants to obtain a free registration.
- The long-term aspirational goal is for all participation in the IETF to be free, including IETF Meetings.